OPSC Competitive & Academy Soccer Tryouts
- Competitive tryouts will be held 6/9 – 6/11/2017.
- Friday June 9, 2017 is at Indian Hills Middle School (6400 Mission Rd, Prairie Village, KS 66208).
- Saturday and Sunday June 10 & 11, 2017 will be at Shawnee Mission East High School (7500 Mission Rd, Prairie Village, KS 66208).
- U8 – U10 tryouts will start on Friday 6/9/2017 and go all weekend.
- U11 and above will start on Saturday 6/10/2017 and will go through Sunday.
- Please plan to have your son/daughter at each day of tryout.
- OPSC will have open tryouts for all players.
- Players should bring water and should be wearing cleats and shinguards (soccer balls will be provided by the club).
- Pre-tryout information.
- Tryout schedule.
- 2017/2018 coaching assignments.
- Registration required/no walk ins.
Tryout information for parents
For competitive soccer, the entire playing year starts at tryouts. OPSC and every club in the region will hold tryouts the second weekend of June. Everyone wishing to play competitive soccer through OPSC needs to attend tryouts unless you’ve worked out specific permission through your coach.
All current OPSC players wishing to play for OPSC need to register for tryouts even if they can not attend tryouts. If you are a non-OPSC player and can not attend tryouts, please contact our director of coaching Christophe Nicot (firstname.lastname@example.org ) to inquire about teams.
Fall 2017 Age Group Chart – Teams are organized by birth year
|Birth Year||Fall 2017 Age Group|
Be sure to check for your player’s age group and for updates.
All players are welcome to attend tryouts, whether or not they have ever played for OPSC. Players looking for a new team will be identified for all coaches within the age group to meet and evaluate. From there, all coaches in the age group will work together to find the best placement for as many players as possible in that age group.
Each year brings many changes for players across the region. Coaches, members of the OPSC Coaching Committee and OPSC board members will be available throughout the entire process to answer any questions you might have.