OPSC Competitive Tryouts for 2019
6/10/2019: Tryout Update – OPSC is looking for 2-3 players for:
- 2002 Boys – D1/D2 – two spots
- 2003 Boys
- 2004 Boys
- 2007 Boys – 1-2 spots
- 2011 Boys – 1-2 spots
- 2004 Girls – D1 – one spot only
- 2006 Girls
- 2007 Girls
- 2008 Girls – D1/D3 – two spots
Note: Please contact our director of coaching, Tim Chik at 913-749-7609
- Competitive tryouts will be held 6/7 – 6/9/2019.
- Location: Shawnee Mission East High School (7500 Mission Rd, Prairie Village, KS).
- U8 – U10 (birth years 2010-2012) tryouts will start on Friday 6/7/2019 and go all weekend (Tryout schedule).
- U11 and above will start on Saturday 6/08/2019 and will go through Sunday 6/09/2019 (Tryout schedule).
- Please plan to have your son/daughter at each day of tryout.
- OPSC will have open tryouts for all players.
- Players should bring water and should be wearing cleats and shinguards (soccer balls will be provided by the club).
- Registration recommended, walk-ins welcome – No cost for tryouts.
- If you have any questions, please email email@example.com or call our office at 913.280.5645
Note: OPSC has moved player registration to Blue Sombrero from Got Soccer. If have already have a Blue Sombrero account created you can use that one with OPSC or you can create a new account.
All current OPSC players wishing to play for OPSC need to register for tryouts even if they can not attend tryouts. If you are a non-OPSC player and can not attend tryouts, please contact our competitor director of coaching Tim Chik (firstname.lastname@example.org) to inquire about teams.
Tryout Information for Parents
For competitive soccer, the entire playing year starts at tryouts. OPSC and every club in the region will hold tryouts the second weekend of June. Everyone wishing to play competitive soccer through OPSC needs to attend tryouts unless you’ve worked out specific permission through your coach.Tryout Schedule
Fall 2019 Age Group Chart – Teams are organized by birth year
|Birth Year||Fall 2019 Age Group|
All players are welcome to attend tryouts, whether or not they have ever played for OPSC. Players looking for a new team will be identified for all coaches within the age group to meet and evaluate. From there, all coaches in the age group will work together to find the best placement for as many players as possible in that age group.
Each year brings many changes for players across the region. Coaches, members of the OPSC Coaching Committee and OPSC board members will be available throughout the entire process to answer any questions you might have.
OPSC Tryout Schedule for Fall 2019 / Spring 2020 Seasons
Birth year and age group breakout: U8 (birth year 2012); U9 (birth year 2011), U10 (birth year 2010), U11 (2009), U12 (2008), U13 (2007), U14 (2006), U15 (2005), U16 (2004), U17 (2003), U18 (2002), u19 (2001), U20 (2000).
OPSC Soccer Tryout Dates and Location – 2019
Friday – Sunday, June 7 – 9, 2019 tryouts will be at Shawnee Mission East High School (7500 Mission Rd, Prairie Village, KS 66208).Tryout Registration